Weapons Carry License
NO NEW WEAPONS CARRY LICENSES WILL BE PROCESSED ON TUESDAY MORNING, SEPTEMBER 25, 2018 FROM 8:00 A.M - 11:30 A.M., DUE TO INSTALLATION OF NEW PUBLIC SAFETY SOFTWARE.
- Applications are processed Monday through Friday between the hours of 8:00 a.m.-11:30 a.m. and 1:00-3:30 p.m.
- Application fee for a new Weapons Carry License is $74.75, which includes the fee for fingerprinting. Visa and MasterCard are accepted for an additional processing fee. Checks are not accepted.
- If less than 90 days remain before expiration of current license, or a current license has been expired for less than 30 days, a Weapons Carry License can be renewed.
- State prohibitors for Weapons Carry Licenses can be found at: http://gaprobate.gov/content/weapons-carry-licenses
- Must apply in the county of your residence.
- Must provide a valid state issued identification with current physical address.
- Applicants with post office boxes on their identification must provide proof of legal residence within Jackson County such as a rent or lease agreement, voter’s registration card, current utility bill, current (within last 30 days) paystub, or tag receipt/car registration.
- Must be 21 years of age or older.
- Members of the Armed Forces (defined as active duty or reserve component of the U.S. Army, U.S. Navy, U.S. Marine Corps, U.S. Coast Guard, U.S. Air Force, U.S. National Guard, Georgia Army National Guard or Georgia Air National Guard), between the ages of 18 and 21, are eligible with the following:
- Proof of completion of basic training
- Proof they are actively serving or have been honorably discharged
- Current Military identification, paystub and current assignment